Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 14 - Friday to Pennsboro

It's been a while since I've been able to get to a computer. Here in Pennsboro, although there is no cell phone service, there is a computer with internet at the B&B.
Can't really tell you accurately how beautiful it is here. It's amazing what you see when you step outside your own town. So far we are just in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, though these hills are not small. We have had a lot of ups and downs... physically. I mean that before we got on the "Rails to Trails," trail at Parkersberg, WV, the roads went up and down. Lots of speed on the downhill, carrying you up as much as possible to the next hill.
You can imagine that we have to keep our bikes in top shape, and so our bodies. Although Mary Lou and Al don't seem to agree, I'm sure we get stronger every day.
We got a donation last night in Parkersberg and the couple was very enthusiastic about our ride. I just hope we can really follow through with the legislators.
BTW, I am wondering about the Town Hall meeting. I haven't heard anything here.

No comments:

Post a Comment